[Users] Claws Mail in Debian Backports

Edward epp at caramail.com
Sat Jul 9 22:03:09 UTC 2022

I also have Debian Stable installed (in a VM) in which Backports were
enabled by default.

On the current Claws installed (3.17.8-1+b1), Synaptic shows the
packages are in: 'Not Automatic: bullseye-backports'.

Currently in 'bullseye-backports/main', there are a few new Claws plugin
packages (4.1.0-2-bpo11+1).

Once the remaining Claws 4.1.0 packages are in bullseye-backports/main,
am I correct that I would need to uninstall the 3.17.8 Claws, before
upgrading to 4.1.0?

This is the first I've used Debian Stable with Backports already
enabled. Posts I've found online, answer both yes and no, as to whether
such packages would automatically upgrade.

Thanks.