[Users] Unable to extend section of Compose window to eliminate scroll bar on right side

Derek B. Noonburg derekn at foolabs.com
Fri Jul 1 17:18:43 UTC 2022

On Fri, 1 Jul 2022 12:33:18 -0400, Edward <epp at caramail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Jul 2022 12:19:39 -0400
> Edward <epp at caramail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 1 Jul 2022 15:06:51 +0200
> > Michael Schwendt <bugs.michael at gmx.net> wrote:

> > > For comparison, do you get a drag line on Claws Mail's message
> > > main message view just below the From/To/Cc/Subject/Tag combo box
> > > and search box field?
> >
> > There is a line going across in this location, but I am only able to
> > drag that part of the window up/down, if the mouse pointer is just
> > below the line, it's actually in the white space where the message
> > text is.
> >
> > In the Compose window, the mouse pointer is actually inside the
> > upper part of the Subject field, then it can be dragged up/down.
> >
> > Once the mouse pointer switches from the "I" to the arrow, that's
> > when it can be dragged. It's not directly on the line, in both
> > windows.
>
> To further clarify: in both windows, if the mouse pointer is directly
> on each of the lines, it *cannot* be dragged. The mouse pointer must
> be slightly below that line, in order to drag it.

Huh, I'm seeing slightly different behavior.  I'm attaching a
screenshot of the compose window.  The darker gray line above
"Subject:" is the split bar -- it's only two pixels tall.  The "active"
area (where the pointer changes, and where I can grab and drag the
splitter) is approximately ten pixels tall: the two pixels of the dark
gray line, plus ~8 pixels below that (toward the "Subject:" text).  If
the mouse is anywhere in that region, clicking and dragging moves the
splitter.

The main window split (between the message list and the message view)
behaves identically.

- Derek