[Users] Wrong Folder?

claws at cwm030.com claws at cwm030.com
Sat Jan 22 14:37:39 CET 2022

> Join a linux users group, do some reading up on basic linux usage, and
> then
> many of your problems will evaporate.

I do join OS mailing groups if they have one.

I kind of got pressed into moving to linux by 2 people... I was happy
with Windows. They hounded me and hounded me for months with messages on
FB or Telegram, and I finally caved in....  But there's no going back
now due to the price of Windows. I don't have that kind of money.

I don't see how I brought this upon myself.. I backed everything up into
a zip file and unzip it when I get into the new OS. Normally it works
out fine.

I use the same user name for Linux ( so it couldn't be permission
issues)

The only reason I used a different user was to not mix LXDE's settings
with my Gnome settings.

But I am back to using Gnome now.

I've been nothing but nice here... I thought sending those 4 emails in
was just covering myself to make sure ya'll knew EVERY STEP that I took.
Since in a previous post you said I was vague and not clear on things
that I had tried.

- Chris