[Users] maildir plugin does not compile with claws 4.0.0

Christian Weiske cweiske at cweiske.de
Wed Feb 23 18:13:46 UTC 2022

Hello Ricardo,

> > Ricardo Mones kept it alive (last commit was in 2020) so that it
> > can be compiled and used with the latest claws mail version.
>
> Yeah, and, as usually, real life catch me in the middle... From what I
> see on a quick build with CM 4 all it probably needs is to get the
> configure.ac updated to use GTK+3 libraries instead of GTK+2. If done
> well perhaps it could be built with any of them, i.e. switch to GTK+3
> libs if a suitable claws-mail version is detected and fallback to
> GTK+2 otherwise.
>
> Anyway is unlikely I can do that anytime soon, so patches welcome! :-)

Thanks to your hint it was actually not that hard to get it working
again.

I had to remove the "-DGTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED" compilation flag because
otherwise I got errors about some missing deprecated symbols used by
claws itself:

----
In file included from maildir.c:41:
/usr/include/claws-mail/mainwindow.h:150:9: error: unknown type name
‘GtkActionGroup’ 150 |         GtkActionGroup  *action_group;
      |         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/usr/include/claws-mail/mainwindow.h:151:9: error: unknown type name
‘GtkUIManager’ 151 |         GtkUIManager    *ui_manager;
      |         ^~~~~~~~~~~~
----

Apart from that I only modified configure.ac to use gtk3 instead of
gtk2.

The patch is available on
https://git.cweiske.de/claws-mail-maildir-plugin.git
in branch "gtk3".

--
Regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Christian Weiske

-=≡ Geeking around in the name of science since 1982 ≡=-