[Users] can't click on Firefox e-mail links and open the Claws-Mail compose window -- UPDATED INFO

Paul paul at claws-mail.org
Mon Feb 21 17:02:52 UTC 2022

On Mon, 21 Feb 2022 11:45:58 -0500
Gil Weber <gilweber at gmail.com> wrote:

> Paul, I realize once again that it's flatpak, this time creating the
> linkage problem with Firefox. Unfortunately I believe I am stuck with
> flatpak. It is my understanding (??) that if I delete this version and
> install the "regular" Claws-Mail I won't get back what I had due to
> configuration inconsistencies between the two versions. That is,
> e-mails and settings in flatpak won't properly convert to regular
> ClawsMail.

That will fine if the flatpak version stores them in the same place, and
AFAIK it does. If it doesn't, then you just need to copy them. If the same
version of Claws Mail is used in both then there will be no problem. If the
version you switch to is newer, then no problem. If the version you switch to
is older, then perhaps a small problem to overcome - editing a few lines in a
few text files (the config_version).

> If my understanding is incorrect and there should be no issues deleting
> flatpak Claws-Mail and then installing "regular" Claws-Mail please let
> me know.

I cannot answer your flatpak questions, but there should be no problems. If
there are then report it to the flatpak maintainer.

> I am not determined to use  the flatpak version. I
> only use it because about two years ago (it's in the archives) I
> could not get bellsouth.net e-mails to download when I clicked on the
> "Get Mail" button. Other e-mail addresses worked fine but not
> bellsouth.net.

I find that very hard to believe. The flatpak version is (or should be) just
packaging, (like any distro, but worse :), there are (or should be) no
differences.

with regards

Paul