[Users] problems with Claws [was: Claws has gone ... ]

Richard lists-claws at listmail.innovate.net
Wed Feb 16 15:47:10 CET 2022

> Date: Wednesday, February 16, 2022 07:31:11 -0600
> From: "c. marlow" <claws at cwm030.com>
>
>> On Wed, 16 Feb 2022 00:05:51 +0000
>> Richard wrote:
>>
>> From your earlier description it's not clear *where* you actually
>> dropped/moved the messages to, so just searching gmail may not turn
>> them up. You appear to have some non-gmail accounts configured in
>> Claws, the messages could well have landed in one of them.
>

> WELL.... I found one of the emails that was lost LOL...
>
> So this might be a case of USER ERROR....
>
> I some how moved the emails to the wrong folder called
> "GMAIL".. I some how moved the emails to " GMAIL " under my Local MH
> folders instead of "GMAIL" on the IMAP server. WHOOPSIE DAISEY!

It's always good to check ones work (carefully, including reviewing
available logs) before blaming ones tools.

I don't think this is a case of "might"

  > So this might be a case of USER ERROR....

I would suggest leaving my subject line, or using one that is more
accurate/descriptive, rather than repeatedly changing it back to your
original, which was unnecessary, offensive and (as you now basically
admit) wrong.