[Users] Lost emails?

Richard lists-claws at listmail.innovate.net
Thu Feb 10 16:33:39 CET 2022

> Date: Thursday, February 10, 2022 10:50:33 +0000
> From: Paul <paul at claws-mail.org>
>
> On Thu, 10 Feb 2022 04:25:59 -0600
> "c. marlow" <claws at cwm030.com> wrote:
>
>> I changed my filtering commands from MOVE to COPY.. Thinking that
>> using the MOVE command might be causing emails to drop from in
>> between the IMAP server and the local MH folders.
>
> Very unlikely, because a MOVE is actually a COPY and, when the copy
> is successful, a DELETE.
>
> Probably the "missing" mail has a much more mundane cause.

If the "missing" message had a "1969" date when viewed by one
recipient it was likely lacking the "Date:" field/value -- and that
recipient's system put in 1969 as a unix "epoch-1" value. Given that
that's a required field the OP's system may have put it into
junk/spam on the OP's account, or if snarky, refused it. Also, if
that field is missing it's likely that the message is messed up in
some other way that could trigger MSP filtering/refusal. If it was
accepted, looking for it by subject, and in unexpected places, may
turn it up.