[Users] Lost emails?

Dustin Miller dustbiz at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 09:08:01 CET 2022

On Thu, 10 Feb 2022 18:22:45 +1100
Liz <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Feb 2022 08:28:28 +0600
> Dustin Miller <dustbiz at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 9 Feb 2022 18:59:39 -0600
> > "c. marlow" <claws at cwm030.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Is claws losing emails between moving from IMAP server to local MH
> > > folder? Or did I just not get the OP's original email?
> > >
> > > Because the reply to the original email said that the email was
> > > wrote in 1969!!!!
> > >
> > DM: If this is the case, and if you're sorting by date, then it
> > might be at the other end of the message list. You should be able
> > to tell whether this is relevant to your situation or not, based on
> > how you have things set up. Cheers, ---Dustin
>
> If you look at a search engine and ask for email AND 1969
> you will find that there are two causes of this.
> One is spam and the other is mailers getting confused. Oddly
> Claws-mail didn't rate a mention when I searched.
> Email protocols were initially developed in 1971 and 1972, so an email
> with a date of 1969 is not correct.
>
> I really doubt that c. marlow missed the OP's original email from 1969

DM: Yes, I agree. :) What I was referring to was the email being
represented as such. My first guess as to cause would have been an
incorrectly set system time in BIOS or elsewhere, but that likely
would usually result in an 'old date' much more recent than 1969 (i.e.
the default), unless it was purposefully manually set 'wrong' by
someone. ---Dustin