[Users] Lost emails?

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Thu Feb 10 08:22:45 CET 2022

On Thu, 10 Feb 2022 08:28:28 +0600
Dustin Miller <dustbiz at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Feb 2022 18:59:39 -0600
> "c. marlow" <claws at cwm030.com> wrote:
>
> > Is claws losing emails between moving from IMAP server to local MH
> > folder? Or did I just not get the OP's original email?
> >
> > Because the reply to the original email said that the email was
> > wrote in 1969!!!!
> >
> DM: If this is the case, and if you're sorting by date, then it might
> be at the other end of the message list. You should be able to tell
> whether this is relevant to your situation or not, based on how you
> have things set up. Cheers, ---Dustin

If you look at a search engine and ask for email AND 1969
you will find that there are two causes of this.
One is spam and the other is mailers getting confused. Oddly Claws-mail
didn't rate a mention when I searched.
Email protocols were initially developed in 1971 and 1972, so an email
with a date of 1969 is not correct.

I really doubt that c. marlow missed the OP's original email from 1969

Liz