[Users] Migrating account authentication from basic POP to OAuth2

David Fletcher David at megapico.co.uk
Tue Dec 20 15:32:46 UTC 2022

>From: Paul Rolland <rol at witbe.net>
>Is there a link (Microsoft side) on the autnentication mechanism used for
>POP and for SMTP ? At least when activating OAuth2 ?
>So far, I have "basic authentication" on POP3 (User/Pass) and LOGIN for
>SMTP.

HI Paul,

There's some information here on the settings:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/pop-imap-and-smtp-settings-8361e398-8af4-4e97-b147-6c6c4ac95353

But if you're followed the Oauth2 FAQ on the Claws Mail site that should
hopefully give you all the information needed.

When you've input your ClientID on the Claws account preferences page
there's a button to press in that page (also a link you can copy) which
will take you to the Microsoft site to do the actual authentication. If
your ClientID is ok then you should get through this authentication
stage in a minute or two.

Best wishes, David.