[Users] Migrating account authentication from basic POP to OAuth2

David Fletcher David at megapico.co.uk
Mon Dec 19 17:56:46 UTC 2022

>From: Paul Rolland <rol at witbe.net>
..
>My account is configured as POP, but where can I explain that I want to
>switch from Basic auth to OAuth2 ? The only place I can see some kind of
>choice is in:
>Account > Receive
>by selecting "Authenticate before POP" and then OAuth2.
>
>Is that the way to do it ?

Hi Paul - I think that sounds right. You should be OK to switch this
without setting it up as a new account on Claws.

Almost certainly you'll need to switch your SMTP setting to Oauth2 as
well if the outgoing mail goes via the MS365 server - you can choose
that in the Sent tab SMTP Authentication tick box.

Then select your Oauth2 email service provider on the Oauth2 tab and do
the authentication using the clientID it sounds like you've already
begun setting up.

Best wishes, David.