[Users] Local filesystem folders: displayable?

Milan Obuch claws-mail-users at dino.sk
Tue Aug 30 08:19:59 UTC 2022

On Tue, 30 Aug 2022 09:58:01 +0200
Andreas Fink <finkandreas at web.de> wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Aug 2022 21:33:27 -0700
> Viatrix via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Due to reasons, I have a program which outputs message/rfc822 files.
> > Is it possible to make Claws Mail show these files within its own
> > interface, ideally reflecting the potentially changing folder
> > structure of the output directory, updating when new files are
> > placed in the output directory or its subdirectories?
> >

> File -> Add mailbox -> MH
> Enter the full path to the "root" directory of your mailbox folder
> structure.
> When new folders are added I have not found an automatic way that they
> are visible in CM, but you can right-click on the mailbox and do
> "Rebuild folder tree", this will detect all new folders.

This could be used if OP's program does not collide with MH's directory
structure - when you add an MH mailbox, along with directory named
after mailbox name enetered, five more subdirectories are created,
namely draft, inbox, queue, sent, and trash.

Or, alternatively, this program could be instructed to put its files
into this structure. I don't know. This is the question to OP.

Regards,
Milan