[Users] Messages not deleting from IMAP Inbox - AOL

Dustin Miller dustbiz at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 03:49:47 UTC 2022

On Tue, 23 Aug 2022 10:57:17 -0400
Edward <epp at caramail.com> wrote:

> There have been a few occasions when I've tried deleting messages out
> of an IMAP Inbox at AOL, the messages remained in the Inbox after
> selecting Trash, but were instead marked for moving. Upon exiting and
> restarting Claws Mail, the messages remained in the Inbox but the blue
> icon indicating the move mark, was gone. The messages were able to be
> moved into Trash via the AOL web interface.
>
> Is this an issue specific to AOL/Yahoo? Yahoo is now operating AOL
> Mail. I'm not having this issue with any other email provider.

DM: I've experienced this with Microsoft Exchange's service, but for me
it seemed to always just be when I didn't have an internet connection,
or perhaps more precisely, whenever Claws wasn't able to connect to the
IMAP service provider. So my best guess for your case is that, whenever
you are seeing this, there is some reason Claws is not able to connect
with AOL/Yahoo.

DM: I can also confirm that Claws does not remember the 'marking' you
describe in this scenario if it is closed and then re-opened. This is a
feature I would have loved to have when I was still trying out IMAP to
see if it was a good fit for me.

DM: Hope you get it figured out. ---Dustin