[Users] Reply comes from wrong account

Joe Riel joer at san.rr.com
Thu Aug 18 18:46:39 UTC 2022

On Thu, 18 Aug 2022 06:44:53 +0200
Milan Obuch <claws-mail-users at dino.sk> wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Aug 2022 15:54:22 -0700
> Joe Riel <joer at san.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > My claws-mail handles two mail accounts. Normally if I respond to
> > an email in one account, it uses that in the from header. However,
> > when responding to email from a particular group, it uses the other
> > account.
> >
> > How can I change that? I can manually change the from field, but
> > shouldn't have to.
> >

> Some more details are needed - are you using POP3 or IMAP account? How
> are your local folders (if any) organized? What does it mean 'email
> from particular group'? Are there any special headers?
>
> There must be a logical cause for the behaviour you are seeing, and
> these questions (maybe some others as well) need to be answered to find
> it.

Am using pop3 for both accounts.  The mail from one account goes into
one folder, the mail from another into a different folder.  By email
from a particular group, I mean from a particular mailing list
(sort of like this mailing list, only a different one).  It appears
in the proper inbox, but when I respond to it, my From field is
set to the other email address, which won't work.

Hmm.  Actually, the same thing is happening with this email (from
the claws-mail group); I have to manually change my From selection
when replying.  This should be automatic.  Where is the configuration for this?

--
Joe Riel