[Users] Interested in modifying this to run under WinXP...

Jeremy Nicoll jn.ml.clwm.729 at letterboxes.org
Thu Aug 18 11:35:48 UTC 2022

On Wed, 17 Aug 2022, at 13:32, Bret Busby wrote:

> My understanding is that the earliest version of MS Windows, that anyone
> should now be using, to access anything on the Internet, is version 10,
> as nothing earlier, is supported for either security, or bug, fixes.

Your understanding is wrong.  WIndows 8.1 gets security fixes until Jan 2023.
See:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/lifecycle/products/windows-81

> And, I believe that support for Windows 10, has less than a year left.

Maybe you should have googled first, before spreading rumours?  According to
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/lifecycle/products/windows-10-home-and-pro

"Microsoft will continue to support at least one Windows 10 release until October 14, 2025."

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.