[Users] Interested in modifying this to run under WinXP...

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Wed Aug 17 12:32:52 UTC 2022

On 17/8/22 19:01, Marco wrote:
> Am 17. Aug 2022, um 03:57:55 Uhr schrieb Marisa Giancarla via Users:
>
>> I am looking to use Claws as a email client for one of my projects
>> but I need help compiling it to be run on WinXP. Anyone interested in
>> working with me on this?
>
> XP, with a network connection is very insecure. Why do you need it?
> Is it not possible to upgrade or to install Linux?

My understanding is that the earliest version of MS Windows, that anyone
should now be using, to access anything on the Internet, is version 10,
as nothing earlier, is supported for either security, or bug, fixes.

And, I believe that support for Windows 10, has less than a year left.

My understanding is that using versions of Microsoft Windows, that are
earlier than Windows 10, is a bit like saying "I have this dead horse
that I drag around with me. I keep dragging him around, because he is a
good friend of mine, and, he keeps me company".

I could be wrong, in any of these perceptions.

..
Bret Busby
Armadale
West Australia
(UTC+0800)

Armadale - where the vindictive city council
shows its contempt for its residents and
ratepayers and for public health and safety
and increasingly makes Armadale a dangerous slum

West Australia - a state of poverty,
corruption, and, without hope, and,
the one state/territory
in mainland Australia where the state legislature
does not financially support
domestic rooftop photovoltaic systems
with battery storage but instead
punishes householders with
domestic rooftop photovoltaic systems
and where the state legislature
operates on the Animal Farm principle
and remains aloof from the plebs
and treats road safety with contempt

Australia - a country that is so poor,
it ran out of toilet paper
and where the feral legislature robs
WA of its fair share of GST revenue
and where the feral government tried
to use biological warfare against WA
and where the feral legislature
remains aloof from the plebs,  and
protects its members from accountability
and from democracy
and where the feral parliament has declared
war against Australia, and is intending to
nuke Western Australia by
planting nuclear bombs around Perth