[Users] More on the current message and folder coloration -- SOLVED

mi codejodler at gmx.ch
Wed Aug 10 22:20:53 UTC 2022

A little more to the topic ...

> That's perfect! In my case, the ~/.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css file
> already existed and contained one import line in it, so I just put
> this beneath it and - presto-magico - problem solved:
>
> *:selected {
> 	background-color: #FF00FF;
> 	color: white;
> 	}
>
> Thank you so much. It's worlds better (screenshot attached).
> --
> Little Girl

I assembled what was known and added some css selectors:

Note some claws specific /* .... */ areas commented out

File:  gtk.css

/* Fonts */

.user-font {
	    font-family: cantarell,sans-serif;
	    font-size: 2em;
	    font-style:normal;
	    letter-spacing:0.06em;
}

/* Colors */

window {
	    color:#404040;
	    background-color:#d0d0d0;
}

toolbar {
	    color:#404040;
	    background-color:#d0d0d0;
}

button {
	    color:#404040;
	    background-color:#d0d0d0;
}

menu {
	    color:#404040;
	    background-color:#e0e0e0;
}

/*
Menu text-entries: Titles and labels
label {
	    color:#404040;
	    background-color:#c0c0c0;
}
*/

/* Maybe used for all kind of lists */
widget {
	    color:#404040;
	    background-color:#e0e0e0;
}

/* Claws specific selectors DISABLED because they somehow kill 'selected' features
/
* claws folder list
#folderview_sctree {
	    color:#404040;
	    background-color:#d0d0d0;
}
/* claws message summary list
#summaryview_sctree {
	    color:#404040;
	    background-color:#eaeaea;
}
/* claws message view
textview* {
	    color:#404040;
	    background-color:#ebebf2;
}

(End Claws) */

/* Areas with texts */
text {
	    color:#404040;
	    background-color:#ebebf2;
}

/* User selections: Marked labels and (but not Claws:) text highlighting */
*:selected {
	    color:#000000;
	    background-color: #a0ff00;
}

/* claws message text selection (highlighting) */
textview*selection {
	    color:#404040;
	    background-color:#a0ff00;
}

/*  Tooltip */
tooltip, tooltip * {
	color: #030405;
	background-color: rgba(230, 255, 230, 1.0);
        font-family: cantarell,sans-serif;
        font-size: 0.98em;
        letter-spacing:0.04em;
        font-style:normal;