[Users] Views keep getting changed on exit ?

Peter Richards peter777 at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Aug 11 06:48:31 UTC 2022

On Thu, 11 Aug 2022 08:12:34 +0200
Thorsten Maerz <info at netztorte.de> wrote:

> On MS-Win, the window sizes (and positions) of gtk3-apps slightly
> change as well after closing and restarting.
>
> This is caused by GTK's "Client-Side-Decoration": After disabling it
> by setting the environment var "GTK_CSD=0"(*), sizes and positions
> are saved and restored correctly.
>

> Maybe that's also the case on other systems/windowmanagers?

Thanks. Whilst I only searched briefly, there was one package at
https://packages.ubuntu.com/source/bionic/gtk3-nocsd . It is installed.
I have no idea what it does or how it impacts other apps on Ubuntu.

Cheers,

--
Peter Richards

Religion is for those who fear hell. Spirituality is for those who have
been there (Lars Muhl)