[Users] Views keep getting changed on exit ?

Thorsten Maerz info at netztorte.de
Thu Aug 11 06:12:34 UTC 2022

On Mon, 8 Aug 2022 08:41:11 +1000
Peter Richards <peter777 at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> I like the "summaryview_height" to be minimal so that the
> "messageview_height" shows as many messages as possible.
>
> So, I adjust the "messageview_height" with the mouse, to be more,
> which results in the summaryview_height" to be less. However I'm finding
> upon an exit and then subsequent entry again into claws-mail, that the
> "summaryview_height" has reverted back again. It is greater which makes
> the message view less height.

On MS-Win, the window sizes (and positions) of gtk3-apps slightly change
as well after closing and restarting.

This is caused by GTK's "Client-Side-Decoration": After disabling it
by setting the environment var "GTK_CSD=0"(*), sizes and positions
are saved and restored correctly.

Maybe that's also the case on other systems/windowmanagers?

(*) Looks weird, creating an non-existent variable just to set
it explicitely to zero, but that's the way, the GTK expects it.

--
Best regards,
Thorsten