[Users] Views keep getting changed on exit ?

Dustin Miller dustbiz at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 11:46:51 UTC 2022

On Tue, 9 Aug 2022 11:21:45 -0000
Paul <paul at claws-mail.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Aug 2022 16:57:30 +0600
> Dustin Miller <dustbiz at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > DM: If you get the urge and have the time, I'd be interested in
> > seeing a list of your system information that includes anything /
> > everything you think might be remotely relevant to why this is an
> > issue for some of us and not for others / you. ...
>
> Nothing esoteric here. An up to date fedora 36 system running kde,
> with the greybird-pro gtk3 theme.

DM: Thanks, Paul. A couple more things:

* 1. From the 'X-Mailer' header on your email, I notice your CM and GTK
  versions are "Claws Mail 4.1.0git1358 (GTK 3.24.34 ...)" and from the
  same source on one of my emails, I have "Claws Mail 4.1.0 (GTK
  3.24.20 ...". Do you think there's any chance one or both of those
  version differences would be worth me/us checking into?

* 2. Are there any packages that you, as a software developer, would
  have installed on your system, that a user / non-developer might not
  have installed, the presence / absence of which you think could be
  causing this difference?

DM: For others on this list, anyone else running Fedora 36 (or other
version of Fedora) that is experiencing (or not) this issue? If so,
could you mention your relevant system info as well?

DM: I think there's a fair amount of value in knowing that at least one
system setup is not showing this issue; I/we just need to figure out how
to make the best use of that in troubleshooting this.

DM: Would there be any potential usefulness in trying some of the
'hard-core' (at least to me :) ) debugging steps that I think are
listed somewhere on the Claws website? All for now, ---Dustin