[Users] Views keep getting changed on exit ?

Peter Richards peter777 at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Aug 8 00:51:24 UTC 2022

On Mon, 8 Aug 2022 05:55:04 +0600
Dustin Miller <dustbiz at gmail.com> wrote:

> DM: Hi, Peter. I (and I think others also) have experienced something
> similar with Claws not 'remembering' certain changes that have been
> made to the user interface. I thought I may have filed a bug about
> this, but I couldn't find one, so I probably never got around to it. I
> noticed this only started for me when I switched from the GTK2 to GTK3
> versions, so that might be the same in your case. I'm also not certain
> whether this is a Claws bug (and already solved or being worked on in
> GIT) or whether it is due to something outside of Claws (GTK3, etc.).
> ---Dustin

Thanks Dustin, very interesting. I'm using Claws 4.0 now, and from

dpkg -l libgtk* | grep -e '^i' | grep -e 'libgtk-*[0-9]'

ii  libgtk-3-0:amd64  3.24.33-1ubuntu2 amd64        GTK graphical user
interface library ii  libgtk-3-bin      3.24.33-1ubuntu2 amd64
programs for the GTK graphical user interface library ii
libgtk-3-common   3.24.33-1ubuntu2 all          common files for the
GTK graphical user interface library ii  libgtk2.0-0:amd64
2.24.33-2ubuntu2 amd64        GTK graphical user interface library -
old version ii  libgtk2.0-common  2.24.33-2ubuntu2 all          common
files for the GTK graphical user interface library ii  libgtk3-perl
 0.038-1          all          Perl bindings for the GTK+ graphical
user interface library

it seems GTK 3. I was using 'impish' before, and from
https://packages.ubuntu.com/impish/claws-mail , shows GTK2 , so
definitely a switch from the GTK2 to GTK3 , as you have mentioned.

Thanks.

--
Peter Richards

Religion is for those who fear hell. Spirituality is for those who have
been there (Lars Muhl)