[Users] claws misbehaving

Dave Howorth dave at howorth.org.uk
Sun Aug 7 10:14:02 UTC 2022

My claws-mail has just started misbehaving, to the point of being
almost unusable. It's Claws Mail 3.16.0, which I know is old, but I'd
like to keep using it for now.

The symptoms started with a 'lockup' (i.e. unresponsive interface) when
I tried to move a mail from the maybe-spam folder to its proper home. I
forced claws to quit and then restarted it. Now there seem to be two
copies of every new mail shown. When I try to delete or move mails to
another folder, a small blue arrow appears and the destination folders
turn pink. Once I was able to change to another folder, once the
interface locked up again. Each time I finished up forcing it to quit
and restarting it.

I don't know what has happened. I suspect some sort of corruption in
the configuration, but I have no idea what and it's very difficult to
investigate when the interface keeps locking up. So any pointers as to
what may have happened and how to fix the problem would be helpful.

Thanks, Dave