[Users] Fw: Gmail accounts in Claws-Mail

Dustin Miller dustbiz at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 04:17:31 UTC 2022

On Fri, 29 Apr 2022 13:59:21 +1200
cr <cr at orcon.net.nz> wrote:

> Sorry if this has been asked and answered before, but does this
> message (below) threaten my alternate Gmail account?

DM: Yes, I would imagine that your current Gmail account setup will no
longer work after May 30, based on the Google announcement you
referenced. One solution is to use OAuth 2.0 with your current setup.
In order to do this, you'll need to be using a version of Claws that
supports OAuth2 (https://www.claws-mail.org/news.php). For getting
OAuth set up with Gmail and Claws, probably your best resources are the
FAQ page (https://www.claws-mail.org/faq/index.php/Oauth2) and some of
the email threads on this list in the last couple months or so
(https://lists.claws-mail.org/pipermail/users/). Hope that helps,
---Dustin