[Users] Fwd: syncing Claws from Windows to Linux?

Paul paul at claws-mail.org
Wed Apr 20 08:43:10 UTC 2022

On Wed, 20 Apr 2022 10:33:03 +0200
Norwid Behrnd <nbehrnd at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Paul <paul at claws-mail.org> wrote:
>
> > > Forwarded to list, as reply did not default to list.
> >
> > Maybe that is a thunderbird thing
>
> No, it depends on the type of reply engaged.  CM offers
> + «reply» would send this answer only to the list's address
> + «sender» would send this answer only to Paul
> + «all» independently sends the answer to the list .and. Paul

Obviously I know that. Except <<reply>> will only reply to the list if you
have the option, "reply invokes mailing list reply" set. Alternatives include
using the /Message/Mailing List/... menu and using the folder Properties.

> TB used to have two buttons only to cover options #1 and 3 (but not
> #2).[1]  Perhaps by today there is an extension to adjust this in TB.

This is off-topic.

> For a reply to a user list, I prefer the option «reply to all».  It
> is used for this one, too.  CM's option #2 however is both valuable
> and handy to fork a discussion between the previous sender and me
> (e.g., to request a clarification prior to a public answer).

Do not reply to me and the list. You must be subscribed to post to the list,
so your message if sent to the list only will be seen.

with regards

Paul