[Users] Fwd: syncing Claws from Windows to Linux?

Norwid Behrnd nbehrnd at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 20 08:33:03 UTC 2022

Paul <paul at claws-mail.org> wrote:

> > Forwarded to list, as reply did not default to list.
>
> Maybe that is a thunderbird thing

No, it depends on the type of reply engaged.  CM offers
+ «reply» would send this answer only to the list's address
+ «sender» would send this answer only to Paul
+ «all» independently sends the answer to the list .and. Paul

TB used to have two buttons only to cover options #1 and 3 (but not
#2).[1]  Perhaps by today there is an extension to adjust this in TB.

For a reply to a user list, I prefer the option «reply to all».  It
is used for this one, too.  CM's option #2 however is both valuable
and handy to fork a discussion between the previous sender and me
(e.g., to request a clarification prior to a public answer).

With regards,

Norwid

[1]
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird:Help_Documentation:Mail-Followup-To_and_Mail-Reply-To