[Users] Theme installation - couldn't create directory ?

Paul paul at claws-mail.org
Sun Apr 17 10:24:06 UTC 2022

On Sun, 17 Apr 2022 08:09:29 +1000
Peter Richards <peter777 at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> The file 'clawsrc, line 252 for me has
>
> 	attach_load_directory=/usr/share/claws-mail/themes/
>
> so if I make it
>
> 	attach_load_directory=~/.claws-mail/themes
>
> will that negate the privilege issues and user issues ??

Absolutely not. 'attach_load_directory' just remembers the last place you
loaded a theme from. That is, you use the 'Install new...' button and
wherever you installed a theme from, this is remembered in
'attach_load_directory'.

I advise not to try interpreting the clawsrc file until you understand how
permissions work in linux.

with regards

Paul