[Users] Theme installation - couldn't create directory ?

Peter Richards peter777 at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Apr 16 22:09:29 UTC 2022

On Sat, 16 Apr 2022 15:54:40 +0800
Chris Schrauben <chrisretusn at gmail.com> wrote:

> With Linux use ~/.claws-mail/themes/ ; at least that is were I do it.

Yes, that is where I'd prefer it. There are other replies in this
thread considering sudo/root privileges, users, etc. That is where I
found problems and little bumps in the road.   :)

For a new install, why not just ...

	mkdir ~/.claws-mail/themes
	untar the theme there

	technically, the 'install' is done, (yet I am talking only
	single user.)

The file 'clawsrc, line 252 for me has

	attach_load_directory=/usr/share/claws-mail/themes/

so if I make it

	attach_load_directory=~/.claws-mail/themes

will that negate the privilege issues and user issues ??

First I removed all of /usr/share/claws-mail, modified the file
'clawsrc' to reflect as above, ran Claws and yes , that works for me.
There was just one theme showing, the 'Coons-Blue-0.4'.

I'll make a note for a new installation, to modify the directory path
for the themes, and keep it all under ~/.claws-mail/themes

It would be nice to have a configuration option to state the path for
the themes.

Thanks everyone for your help,

Cheers,

Peter

--
Peter Richards

Religion is for those who fear hell. Spirituality is for those who have
been there (Lars Muhl)