[Users] Protonmail and Claws

Zach Robbins zachr at outlook.com
Wed Apr 13 01:24:56 UTC 2022

On Tue, 12 Apr 2022 16:22:19 -0700
"Lawrence London" <lfljvenaura at gmail.com> wrote:

> How do I set up Claws to access my Protonmail account and download my
> email to my computer? I run Claws from an external hard drive using a
> command in Windows 10 "run".

https://protonmail.com/bridge

You do have to be a paid subscriber. Although Claws doesn't seem to have specific instructions on the Protonmail website, it's similar enough to Thunderbird that you could probably figure out how to configure Claws. Essentially, the bridge software creates a local daemon that you connect to as though it were any other remote IMAP mail server. Protonmail's 'labels' are represented as folders in Claws, and to apply labels, you copy messages to those folders. I find it works well.

-Zach