[Users] Protonmail and Claws

Tue Apr 12 23:36:40 UTC 2022

On Tue, 12 Apr 2022 16:22:19 -0700,
Lawrence London<lfljvenaura at gmail.com> wrote:

>How do I set up Claws to access my Protonmail account and download my
>email to my computer?
>I run Claws from an external hard drive using a command in Windows 10
>"run".
>
>I have been doing this with Gmail but as of this month Google will stop
>users from allowing "less secure apps"
>to have access to their Gmail accounts. I just opened a Protonmail
>account which will download my Gmail email
>and am hoping I can use Claws with it as I have with Gmail. Maybe it
>offers a way to use external mail readers such as Claws and
>Thunderbird.

There should be good instructions on the protonmail webpage - Look in
the account settings and search for IMAP/SMTP in the left column.
However, it does require you to have some of the paid plan of
protonmail to be able to this, the free version doesn't support it.

(I do have a free account, and there it says "Upgrade to a paid plan to
unlock IMAP/SMTP support through ProtonMail Bridge."

-- Andreas Rönnquist
mailinglists at gusnan.se
andreas at ronnquist.net