[Users] Gmail OAuth2 Authorization Errors

Richard lists-claws at listmail.innovate.net
Tue Apr 12 00:32:21 UTC 2022

> Date: Monday, April 11, 2022 10:43:54 -0700
> From: Geoffrey Leach <geoff at hughes.net>
>
> After following the instructions in
> https://www.claws-mail.org/faq/index.php/Oauth2 (talk about
> torture) I arrived at the point where I "Obtain authorization code"
> from Google. After logging in, a popup with the text:
>
> 	Error 403: access_denied
> The developer hasn't given you access to this app. It's currently
> being tested and it hasn't been verified by Google. If you think
> you should have access, contact the developer (suslea491 at gmail.com).

I ran into that issue and believe it is resolved by adding your gmail
account as a "test user". See the:

   It is possible to get it working by using the 'Testing' status
   if you add the relevant email address to the 'Test Users' list
   on the 'Edit App Registration' ...

bits in "Notes ... 3." in the faq.