[Users] Default HTML Engine in CM for Windows

Dustin Miller dustbiz at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 03:01:32 UTC 2022

On Sun, 10 Apr 2022 16:08:14 -0400
Jerry <jerry at seibercom.net> wrote:

> CM offers the ability to open the document in the default web browser.
> I can click on the ICON on the right of the message and click “OPEN.”
> The document is then opened in the default web browser. My question,
> or rather suggestion, is since LiteHTML is so pathetic, why doesn’t CM
> have an internal setting that could be set to automatically open any
> HTML document in the system’s default HTML engine? ...

DM: I'm not a coder, but my guess is that this would take a lot of time
and effort and that no developers thus far have been willing and able to
provide this functionality, possibly/probably because it is possible to
open these in an external browser of one's choice. I think the current
state of the available HTML viewing plugins is likely representative of
the time and effort developers have thus far been willing and able to
commit to this. If you wish, one action step you could take is to see
if the bug tracker already has one or more issues covering your
question / suggestion and, if not, you could open an issue. ---Dustin