[Users] Default HTML Engine in CM for Windows

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Sun Apr 10 20:08:14 UTC 2022

I am using Claws-Mail version 4.1.0 on a Windows 10 machine. I
downloaded and installed the “claws-mail-4.1.0-1-64bit.exe” file. I have
used CM for several years, mainly on a FreeBSD system. The problem is
the LiteHTML viewer.

I use MS Outlook at work. 90+% of the emails I receive are HTML-based.
I am attempting to use CM with my business account at home.
Unfortunately. The LiteHTML’s ability to correctly display HTML email
is exceedingly limited. I know that “fancy” is a far superior product;
however, apparently, it is not compatible with CM 4+/64 bit.

CM offers the ability to open the document in the default web browser.
I can click on the ICON on the right of the message and click “OPEN.”
The document is then opened in the default web browser. My question, or
rather suggestion, is since LiteHTML is so pathetic, why doesn’t CM
have an internal setting that could be set to automatically open any
HTML document in the system’s default HTML engine? This would make CM
more helpful and far less prone to crashes when opening HTML-based mail.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.
--
Jerry

Disclaimer: Any resemblance between the above views and those of my
employer, my terminal, or the view out my window is purely
coincidental. Any similarity between the above and my beliefs is
non-deterministic. The question of the existence of views in the
absence of anyone to hold them is left as an exercise for the reader.
The question of the existence of the reader is left as an exercise for
the second god coefficient. (A discussion of non-orthogonal,
non-integral polytheism is beyond the scope of this article.)