[Users] Running CM on a new box

Gil Weber gilweber at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 15:31:38 UTC 2022

On Sat, 9 Apr 2022 21:12:02 +0600
Dustin Miller <dustbiz at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 09 Apr 2022 14:43:25 +0000
> Bob Williams <usenet at karmasailing.uk> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 9 Apr 2022 10:23:24 -0400
> > Gil Weber wrote:

> > > Forgive me, Paul. How do I preserve the timestamps for
> > > .claws_cache and .claws-mark?  Thanks.  :o)
> > > Gil
> > >
> > See
> >
> > $ man cp
> >
> > for all the options
> >
> DM: Hi, Gil. From another angle, if you look through Paul's posts to
> this list within the last week or two, I think you'll find one where
> he gives the specific 'cp' command (with the necessary options) to
> use for this.
>
> DM: I like to use rsync (terminal) via grsync (GUI for rsync) for my
> Claws backup and/or transfer needs, and it has an option for
> preserving the timestamps as well. HTH, ---Dustin
> >
> > and
> >
> > $ man man
> >
> > if you're not familiar with the man command

Dustin, thanks. I use rsync from a command line to do periodic backups
of everything on my computer. A fellow was kind enough to show me how to
set this up, but I would never have known how to do something so
complicated on my own.

I do not have an extensive library of Claws-Mail messages on my
computer, but I looked at some I do have from a few recent threads.
For example:

"Help with supplying App Domain for OAuth2"

and

"How badly have I screwed myself?"

But I do not see anything from Paul in these threads with
'cp' command(s) and options. I'm guessing unfortunately I deleted that
message from whichever thread it appeared in.

Deep sigh...  :o(
Gil