[Users] Running CM on a new box

Dustin Miller dustbiz at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 15:12:02 UTC 2022

On Sat, 09 Apr 2022 14:43:25 +0000
Bob Williams <usenet at karmasailing.uk> wrote:

> On Sat, 9 Apr 2022 10:23:24 -0400
> Gil Weber wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 9 Apr 2022 12:28:29 -0000
> > Paul <paul at claws-mail.org> wrote:

> > > The default location is ~/.claws-mail
> > >
> > > If you are using imap accounts only, then that's all that is
> > > needed. If you have POP accounts, you also need to copy your
> > > mailbox, default location ~/Mail. BE sure to preserve timestamps
> > > when copying, this is needed for the dot files in the mail
> > > folders, (.claws_cache, .claws_mark).
> >
> > Forgive me, Paul. How do I preserve the timestamps for .claws_cache
> > and .claws-mark?  Thanks.  :o)
> > Gil
> >
> See
>
> $ man cp
>
> for all the options

DM: Hi, Gil. From another angle, if you look through Paul's posts to
this list within the last week or two, I think you'll find one where he
gives the specific 'cp' command (with the necessary options) to use for
this.

DM: I like to use rsync (terminal) via grsync (GUI for rsync) for my
Claws backup and/or transfer needs, and it has an option for preserving
the timestamps as well. HTH, ---Dustin