[Users] Running CM on a new box

Gil Weber gilweber at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 15:17:18 UTC 2022

On Sat, 09 Apr 2022 14:43:25 +0000
Bob Williams <usenet at karmasailing.uk> wrote:

> On Sat, 9 Apr 2022 10:23:24 -0400
> Gil Weber wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 9 Apr 2022 12:28:29 -0000
> > Paul <paul at claws-mail.org> wrote:

> > > The default location is ~/.claws-mail
> > >
> > > If you are using imap accounts only, then that's all that is
> > > needed. If you have POP accounts, you also need to copy your
> > > mailbox, default location ~/Mail. BE sure to preserve timestamps
> > > when copying, this is needed for the dot files in the mail
> > > folders, (.claws_cache, .claws_mark).
> > >
> > > with regards
> > >
> > > Paul
> >

> > Forgive me, Paul. How do I preserve the timestamps for .claws_cache
> > and .claws-mark?  Thanks.  :o)
> > Gil
> >
> Hi Gil,
>
> See
>
> $ man cp
>
> for all the options
>
> and
>
> $ man man
>
> if you're not familiar with the man command
>
> HTH
> Bob
>
> --
> Bob Williams

Bob, thanks for the reply. I looked at both in the terminal but
don't see anything on how to preserve the timestamps. Am I
looking for an answer that is there but not expressed as
"time stamps?"

If yes, what should I be looking for in 'man cp' and then
how do I use that to preserve the time stamps?

I am a novice (at best) when it comes to the command line and
interpreting and knowing what to do with either  'man cp' or 'man man'.

Thank you.
Gil