[Users] Running CM on a new box

Paul paul at claws-mail.org
Sat Apr 9 12:28:29 UTC 2022

On Sat, 9 Apr 2022 07:33:45 -0400
"Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI" <renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org> wrote:

> I have installed CM on a new computer, copied ~/.config/.claws-mail to the
> new box.
>
> How can I run CM with this existing configuration, without going through
> the process where I have to give again all my information ?

The default location is ~/.claws-mail

If you are using imap accounts only, then that's all that is needed. If you
have POP accounts, you also need to copy your mailbox, default location
~/Mail. BE sure to preserve timestamps when copying, this is needed for the
dot files in the mail folders, (.claws_cache, .claws_mark).

with regards

Paul