[Users] CM 3.19.0 and OAUTH2 Integration Status.

Dustin Miller dustbiz at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 01:22:33 UTC 2022

On Wed, 6 Apr 2022 17:39:05 -0400
Pierre Fortin <pf at pfortin.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 06 Apr 2022 21:25:26 +0000 Richard wrote:
>
> >> Date: Wednesday, April 06, 2022 17:13:15 -0400
> >> From: Pierre Fortin <pf at pfortin.com>

> >> Tried finding something on the website for how to configure OAuth2
> >> without success.  May be a good thing if it nudges me to dump
> >> gmail... :)
> >>
> >See the "Oauth2" item in the faq:
> >
> >   <https://claws-mail.org/faq/index.php/Oauth2>
>
> Thanks. Was looking in User Manual...

DM: Pierre, if you're working with Gmail, note that you'll likely want
to go for 'In Production' status rather than 'Testing' status, since
'Testing' requires you to get a new authentication code every seven
days. To get 'In Production' status, click on the 'Publish App' button
and then 'Confirm'. (I plan to submit an edit to the FAQ on this when I
get a chance, unless someone beats me to it.) If it's not clear what
I'm talking about, it will make sense if you work through the Google
part of the FAQ page instructions. Cheers, ---Dustin