[Users] FACEPALM! How badly have I screwed myself?

Pierre Fortin pf at pfortin.com
Wed Apr 6 17:20:20 UTC 2022

On Wed, 6 Apr 2022 22:33:22 +0600 Dustin Miller wrote:

>On Wed, 06 Apr 2022 16:08:13 +0000
>"Pierre Fortin" <pf at pfortin.com> wrote:
>
>> Next:
>>  mv Mail Mail.pfortin
>>  cm --alternate-config-dir .claws-mail.pfortin
>> gives lots of "not found"
>>
>> Now, it appears my Mail is gone.  Found it at ~/tmp/maildirs/Mail
>> Moved it back to ~
>> Tried again and folder list showing lots of folders with 0 messages.
>> Some folders showed a count; but switching to them zeros the count.
>>
>DM: Hi, Pierre. Have you looked in the /.claws-mail/folderlist.xml file
>to make sure the paths point to the new location of your mail? (You'll
>be looking for one or more lines [one for each mailbox, I believe] that
>start with '<folder type='.) This is where I normally check/edit this
>path as needed, but I think there is also a way to do the same through
>the Claws Mail settings somehow somewhere. Hope that helps, ---Dustin

That's what I was looking so hard for....  but...  I was trying to find
an absolute path (/home/pfortin/Mail) whereas the 3rd line of
folderlist.xml contains only the relative path:
    <folder type="mh" path="Mail" sort="0" collapsed="0" name="Mailbox">
                            ^^^^  Changing to Mail.pfortin did it!
No other lines need to be changed.

Phew!!  :)

Found the Mail directory inside another; not sure how it ended up where
it did; but it all started and ended with PEBCaK.  :) :/ ;p

Thanks!
Pierre