[Users] Word munging?

Shai Berger shai at platonix.com
Sun Apr 3 08:47:34 UTC 2022

Hi,

I've just seen a couple of messages like that in my inbox, and was
reminded of this thread. I can share them, but I think it will be of
little use -- looking at the message source, I see the munging is
already there (so, it happened before claws-mail was involved).

On Fri, 25 Mar 2022 09:52:05 -0700
Jeff Cunningham <jeffrey at jkcunningham.com> wrote:

> "Thebest way to teach your kids about taxes is by eating 30 percent of their icecream."  Bill Murray
>
> When I view that email in Thunderbird it does not munge "The best" into "Thebest".

In the messages I saw, there was a HTML version alongside the
plain-text version, where the words were not munged. I suspect that
this is what you see, as Thunderbird, at least by default, prefers the
HTML version while claws-mail prefers the plain-text (which is a major
reason for me to keep using it).

If so, this is a bug with (probably) the sender.

HTH,
	Shai.