[Users] OAUTH2 Authorisation Status

Rosemary Lockie wishful99 at btinternet.com
Sun Apr 3 06:57:34 UTC 2022

On Sat, 02 Apr 2022 13:49:38 +0000.
"David Fletcher" <David at megapico.co.uk> wrote:

> The answer is here:
> https://developers.google.com/identity/protocols/oauth2#expiration
>
> "A Google Cloud Platform project with an OAuth consent screen configured
> for an external user type and a publishing status of "Testing" is
> issued a refresh token expiring in 7 days."
>
> So the crucial thing is to get the Google project set to Production, not
> Testing.

David,

Thanks for your woork on this, and helpful pointers.

I can confirm I was seeing more or less what your screen shots showed, apart from
"Publishing Status", which I'd retained as "Testing", after discovering that pushing it
to "Publish" involved "Prepare for Verification", and what that required!

I've now changed mine to "In Production", and my log now shows:

[snip]
* OAuth2 obtaining access token using refresh token
* OAuth2 access token obtained
* OAuth2 access token updated
* Account '*****@gmail.com': Connecting to POP3 server: pop.gmail.com:995
[snip]

It remains to be seen now, whether my token will last beyond 7 days! :-)

Kind Regards,
Rosemary Lockie