[Users] OAUTH2 Authorisation Status

David Fletcher David at megapico.co.uk
Sat Apr 2 12:01:24 UTC 2022

>Bernard Moreton <bernard.moreton at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Has anyone managed to get a successful (ie. stable) Production
>> publishing status? Changing codes every 7 days is not sustainable;
>> nor is every 30 days. Google used to have a refresh code, which
>> presumably would need activating on request;  but that seems to have
>> dropped out of the picture ... ?
>>
>You have misunderstod the problem here. You do not need to change your
>password every 7 or 30 days. What you are required to do is make a new
>login at the identity provider to get a new token. The token is the one
>that needs to be changed and not the password. How often you need to
>change the token is solely up to the identity provider.

I'm not getting this re-authorisation every 7 days thing with Google.
They are still giving the refresh tokens. The access tokens only last 1
hour, so to get to 7 days there must be a refresh token. Are you seeing
things like this in the Network Log:

* OAUTH2 obtaining access token using refresh token
* OAUTH2 access token obtained

I've attached 3 screenshots showing how my Claws Mail ClientID is
registered at Google - maybe there's some differences here from how
others have done this? Or maybe Google has changed how newly registered
ClientIDs are granted (I'm using one that's been registered since
2020)?

Mine is set to "Production" status - but retains the not-verified
warnings. I hope this helps,

David.