[Users] secure email providers

Saša Janiška gour at atmarama.com
Sat Apr 2 06:24:49 UTC 2022

On Sat, 02 Apr 2022 05:41:22 +0000
Bob Williams <usenet at karmasailing.uk> wrote:

> I have an account with ProtonMail. When I communicate with other
> ProtonMail users, the message is end-to-end encrypted. In addition,
> all my mail is stored on their servers in encrypted form, even though
> non-PM users receive an unencrypted copy. It just works.

Tutanota is another provider which does e2e encryption even of metadata (e.g.
Subject line). WIth other Tutanota users it is automatically, but with others
one can use a password and then receiving user receives an email and has an
option by entering a password to see it in Tutanota server's mailbox.

They do not support PGP, but, the bigger, problem is that all one's email is
encrypted on theit servers.

Iow, they manage to make encryption much easier than with PGP, but...

Sincerely,
Gour

--
It is far better to discharge one's prescribed duties, even though
faultily, than another's duties perfectly. Destruction in the course