[Users] secure email providers

Bob Williams usenet at karmasailing.uk
Sat Apr 2 05:41:22 UTC 2022

On Sat, 02 Apr 2022 01:50:41 +0200
Ralf Mardorf via Users wrote:

> On Sat, 2022-04-02 at 01:42 +0200, Ralf Mardorf via Users wrote:
> > but does store unencrypted copies of the emails.
>
> And by default decrypts received emails without ever asking for a
> passphrase ;).

I have an account with ProtonMail. When I communicate with other
ProtonMail users, the message is end-to-end encrypted. In addition, all
my mail is stored on their servers in encrypted form, even though
non-PM users receive an unencrypted copy. It just works.

I think they use PGP/GPG under the bonnet (or hood).

There are a few others providing similar services, but I haven't
investigated them.

--
Bob Williams