[Users] OAUTH2 Authorisation Status

Rosemary Lockie wishful99 at btinternet.com
Sat Apr 2 06:42:41 UTC 2022

On Sat, 2 Apr 2022 07:35:18 +0600.
Dustin Miller <dustbiz at gmail.com> wrote:

> > [Note 3: " Regarding "Publishing status"" ... that is, that
> > Authorisation with Testing Status apparently only lasts for seven
> > days. ]
> >
> > FWIW, I discovered the way round it is to get another Authorisation
> > Code, so maybe all is well, for the next 7 days...
> >
> > Has this been others' expeerience, please?
> >
> DM: Hi, Rosemary. I haven't kept track of the exact timing, but my
> experience is the same or similar. I needed to do the authorization
> again today for the first account I set up. I remember someone else
> mentioning that they wouldn't need to do this unless/until they changed
> the password on their Gmail account, but I wouldn't be surprised if
> their setup and authorization process are different in some way than
> this. I guess if we go with this route, we won't be in any danger of
> forgetting how to do the authorization. ;) Cheers, ---Dustin

Dustin,

Thanks for the feedback! :)  Yes, I suspect we are going to be notified of this every
seven days... I'm using VPOP3 (https://www.pscs.co.uk/) as my "virtual" server (for
various reasons, mainly historical), and I asked the developer whether he would be
including support for OAuth2. His reply advised OAuth2 was not suitable for "unattended"
use, because access tokens have a limited lifespan, but perhaps optimistically I was
hoping for a little longer than a "lifespan" of 7 days! <G!>

[My question, and the Developer's reply]
https://helpdesk.pscs.co.uk/133514-Support-for-OAuth20

Kind Regards,
Rosemary Lockie