[Users] OAUTH2 Authorisation Status

Dustin Miller dustbiz at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 01:35:18 UTC 2022

On Thu, 31 Mar 2022 09:12:54 +0100
Wishful Thinking via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:

> I've been using Claws with OAuth2 enabled successfully for the last 7
> days.
>
> This morning it reported an Error condidtion, and (from the log) that:
>
> [quote]
> * OAuth2 obtaining access token using refresh token
> * OAuth2 access token not obtained
> * OAuth2 access token not obtained
> * Account '********@gmail.com': Connecting to POP3 server:
> pop.gmail.com:995... [endquote]
>
> So I can confirm what is suggested in the FAQ,
> https://www.claws-mail.org/faq/index.php/Oauth2
>
> [Note 3: " Regarding "Publishing status"" ... that is, that
> Authorisation with Testing Status apparently only lasts for seven
> days. ]
>
> FWIW, I discovered the way round it is to get another Authorisation
> Code, so maybe all is well, for the next 7 days...
>
> Has this been others' expeerience, please?

DM: Hi, Rosemary. I haven't kept track of the exact timing, but my
experience is the same or similar. I needed to do the authorization
again today for the first account I set up. I remember someone else
mentioning that they wouldn't need to do this unless/until they changed
the password on their Gmail account, but I wouldn't be surprised if
their setup and authorization process are different in some way than
this. I guess if we go with this route, we won't be in any danger of
forgetting how to do the authorization. ;) Cheers, ---Dustin