[Users] Check every folder every time?

Dedeco Balaco dedeco.balaco at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 26 16:02:55 CEST 2021

Em 26/09/2021 10:37, Paul escreveu:
> On Sun, 26 Sep 2021 09:34:32 -0300
> Dedeco Balaco via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:
>
>>> Yes, default is 'check all folders' unless you either switch to
>>> 'display and check only subscribed to folders' or disable new mail
>>> checking for specified folder(s), eventually with its subfolders as
>>> well.
>> This is a bit sad, in my opinion.
> It's sad to have options?

The option is good. But i explained the "sad" part: i want to change the
default behaviour. Instead of checking every possible folder in the
first time it is shown (including when the account is created and
folders it already has are all subscribe), i want to check just inbox,
trash and spam.

>> I want to display several folders that will not be checked for new
>> messages. They are used with a high frequency.
> You can do that with little fuss.
>
>> So, i will have to disable everything manually, every time i configure a
>> new account in Claws,
> There must be defaults, you understand? How often do you think you will be
> adding new accounts? I would imagine not very often.
>
>> create a new folder (for me, it is more common that it will not need the
>> new mail checking)
> When creating a new folder you have the option of inheriting its parent
> folder options.

This is good! I created a root folder, without inheriting from parent
folder (does it have anything that is considered?). Then, i checked its
properties, it did not have the "check for new messages" option enabled
- as i wish, but not as i expected from Claws, given the default option
for existing folders being added/discovered-the-first-time. I created 2
subfolders for inbox (a folder that "checks for new messages"), one for
each option. It worked as expected, given the previous test.