[Users] vCalendar and GMail

Milan Obuch claws-mail-users at dino.sk
Fri Sep 24 13:24:58 CEST 2021

On Thu, 23 Sep 2021 16:25:26 -0500, Brian A via Users
<users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:

> I'm using the vCalendar plugin.

I did it in past too, for some time.

> The only way I've found to integrate gcalendar is to subscribe to it.
> However, each time the folder is opened, claws reaches out to
> gcalendar and downloads all the meetings, repeat anniversaries/bdays,
> and old meetings. I've not figured out how to use just a meeting
> folder which includes the gcalendar data. As I understand it,
> vCalendar doesn't have "sync" function to other calendars, so
> creating folders with subscription to other calendar platforms is the
> only way to see all calendars.

Do you mean using right click on vCalendar folder in folderlist to
invoke context menu and then selecting 'Subscribe to Webcal' item? If
so, which URL did you enter? I did not test this yet, so I have to ask.

> Am I right on the assumptions? Is there a way to get the
> vcalendar/meetings folder to reflect the meetings sent to gcalendar
> or yahoo calendar without the extra folders? Is there a way to
> prevent gcalendar from sending me all the old dates and future
> anniversaries? I've looked at the plugin page or a man page and
> instructions are limited. I'm looking for ideas of how to better
> manage the vcalendar, especially since church is sending google and
> office365 invites.

Maybe the plugin needs some enhancements, but describing in more detail
what you tried helps to understand the issue.

Regards,
Milan