[Users] vCalendar and GMail

Brian A bvamundsen at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 23 23:25:26 CEST 2021

I'm using the vCalendar plugin.
The only way I've found to integrate gcalendar is to subscribe to it.
However, each time the folder is opened, claws reaches out to gcalendar
and downloads all the meetings, repeat anniversaries/bdays, and old
meetings. I've not figured out how to use just a meeting folder which
includes the gcalendar data. As I understand it, vCalendar doesn't have
"sync" function to other calendars,. so creating folders with
subscription to other calendar platforms is the only way to see all
calendars.  Am I right on the assumptions?  Is there a way to get the
vcalendar/meetings folder to reflect the meetings sent to gcalendar or
yahoo calendar without the extra folders?  Is there a way to prevent
gcalendar from sending me all the old dates and future anniversaries?
I've looked at the plugin page or a man page and instructions are
limited.  I'm looking for ideas of how to better manage the vcalendar,
especially since church is sending google and office365 invites.
Cheers, BrianA_MN