[Users] Open Attachments

Brian Bates buzz at ksys.co.nz
Fri Sep 24 07:18:34 CEST 2021

On Fri, 24 Sep 2021 07:04:56 +0200
Milan Obuch <claws-mail-users at dino.sk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> could you be more verbose? What you'd like to achieve? What did you
> tried, *exactly*, step by step? Are you able to do something similar
> manually, i. e. not using action? I think others can't help with such
> a vague question.

Sorry for being vague.
What I am trying to achieve:
1. Open new compose window.
2. Press Ctrl+M and attach a pdf file.
3. Go to the "Attachments" tab in the compose window.

This is where I am stumped so far.

This will now be showing the attached file details in what I think may
be a list box, under the headings "Mime type" "Size" "Name".
It should be showing the following line:
"application/pdf 20.11KB mypdf.pdf"

If I double click this line it shows a properties dialog.
Right click give the options to remove it, add another file or show the
properties dialog.

I would like to add the ability to open the file in the appropriate
external program. In this case my choice of pdf viewer.

--
Cheers

Buzz