[Users] Fixing my issues with plugin/config?

Milan Obuch claws-mail-users at dino.sk
Thu Sep 16 21:24:48 CEST 2021

On Thu, 16 Sep 2021 14:24:04 -0400, Charles Lane
<lane at duphy4.physics.drexel.edu> wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Sep 2021 18:08:53 -0000
> Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 16 Sep 2021 13:56:41 -0400
> > Charles Lane <lane at duphy4.physics.drexel.edu> wrote:
> >
> > > That is: clicking "reply" on a message where I replied
> > > to someone, with the result that the reply only goes to me,
> > > when what I intended was a "follow up#2" reply.
> > > (changing every "reply" to "reply all" has its own problems...)
> > >
> > > So a plugin like "did you really only want to send a message
> > > just to yourself?" would be really appreciated. Ideas?
> >
> > If you reply to one of your own messages in the Sent folder, the To
> > address is the original recipient and not yourself.
> >
> > How do you manage to reply to yourself? What is the scenario?
>
> The messages aren't in the Sent folder, because the volume of email
> is such that I need to have incoming mail auto-moved into appropriate
> incoming folders, and when I send replies "my copy" is put in the
> same folder as the message I'm replying to. (in addition, I have
> messages in the Sent folder auto-moved into my Inbox, because I never
> look in "Sent", and any messages there are likely from the filtering
> misfiring).
>
> So: Person A sends me a message, it goes in Folder
> INBOX/AStuff/Message1.
> I reply to Message1, the reply goes in INBOX/AStuff/Message2
> I follow up with a second reply, so a reply to INBOX/AStuff/Message2.
> If I reply with "reply all", no problem. But if it's just a regular
> "reply" it only goes to me, and maybe I notice that, maybe I don't.

You are confirming what I wrote. In addition, I forgot, there is a
possibility to write 'compose_check_before_send' script in my plugin
(this functionality is not present in Python plugin, but I think it is
not that hard to add it there).

There was somewhat similar question in past, look at archives, URL is
https://lists.claws-mail.org/pipermail/users/2021-March/027889.html
(plus four messages in that thread).

Regards,
Milan